Conditions of Participation - NaturVision Competition
- The competition is open to new or established film and television production companies, as well as independent filmmakers, from anywhere in the world. To qualify, the entries – documentary productions – must focus on the subjects of nature/wildlife/people/ environment/sustainability. The film must have been completed after 1st January 2016.
- Any film can be entered in various categories, which are listed on the application form. The jury reserves the right to change the entrant’s choice of category. The entry fee for the first category is € 40, for each additional category € 20. The entry fee applies per film and must be paid on submission of the film.
The following applies to pupils and students: If a film is submitted exclusively in the category “NaturVision Newcomers and Amateurs Award”, the entry fee is € 20. Written proof of this status must be enclosed.
- The entry form must be completed, signed and submitted by the closing date along with the following enclosures:
- A preview copy on DVD, USB stick or as a downloadable file (not online streaming)
- A 50-80-word synopsis of the film (as the basis for the film’s description in the NaturVision programme catalogue) in English and German
- A complete and detailed list of credits (basis for the filmographic information for print and Web, plus any documentation)
- A brief biography and filmography of the director(s) plus portrait photo
- A minimum of three good photos from the production (300 dpi resolution, 8 cm wide); by submitting these photos, entrants are granting publication rights for the photos to NaturVision for promotional and/or illustrative purposes (print and Web)
- For films which are not annotated in English or German, a text or dialogue list in English or German
- Press clippings and a press kit, where applicable
- If applicable, proof of enrollment at a school or university
- Entrants automatically consent to their productions being added to the NaturVision archive.
- Competition entrants automatically consent to the submitted film being shown at the NaturVision Film Festival. Furthermore they agree that clips of up to three minutes from each submitted production may be used free of charge for the purpose of promoting the Festival (on the radio/TV/Internet).
- The Festival also includes the NaturVision School Programme, the NaturVision Film Festival in Vimperk (Czech Republic) and, in collaboration with various institutions, the “Best Of NaturVision” events, at which primarily the winners of the competition as well as outstanding films from the programme are shown. The aim of these events is to promote the NaturVision Film Festival and the genre of nature, wildlife and environmental films per se and to develop new audiences. Both these events and the Festival are non-commercial. By registering for the competition, entrants consent to their submitted film also being shown at these events.
- There will be no remuneration for the showing of the films at our events (as described above).
- The Festival undertakes to use the submitted films only for the purposes stated in the regulations. Any other use not mentioned in these Conditions of Participation will be agreed with the entrant.
- By submitting the film and returning the registration form for the NaturVision Film Festival competition, the entrant confirms that they possess all the rights necessary for their film to be screened at a film festival. They affirm that its use does not infringe any copyrights or performance rights of third parties. The entrant also affirms that they are satisfied that all other persons involved in the production are agreeable to its participation in the Festival.
- The screening formats vary depending on the screening venue and will be requested separately once the programme has been put together. The copies of all films invited to participate are insured to the value of their materials while in the custody of the Festival. The custody period extends from the time the films are registered as received by NaturVision until they are surrendered to the air freight company, forwarding agency, post office or Deutsche Bahn to be returned. The copies must have been received by the Festival on time, otherwise the liability of NaturVision is limited because a proper receiving inspection of the copies cannot be guaranteed.
- The transport costs are paid by the sender. The costs of the one-off return freight are paid by the Festival. Submissions from abroad must be marked as follows: “Temporary use. For cultural use only. Consignment has no commercial value.” For submissions from non-EU countries, a proforma invoice up to the value of € 25 must be included. You are kindly requested to obtain the necessary re-import documents from the customs office before submitting your film.
- The “NaturVision Competition” awards prizes in various categories. The winners are chosen by an independent jury of experts, which is recast each year based on suggestions by the Festival management. The decisions of the jury are final.
- Submitting a film for the competition shall be deemed as acknowledgement of the above regulations. The Festival management has the final decision on any exceptions and cases not specified in this document. In case of doubt, the German version of these regulations is binding.
- The exclusive place of jurisdiction is Ludwigsburg.
- For more information, contact:
NaturVision Film Festival
Tel + 49 – 7141-992248-0
Fax +49 – 7141-992248-13
NaturVision reserves the right to rule on all issues not expressly covered in this document.
Ludwigsburg, 20 October 2016